Monday, March 14, 2005

The worst gig in my life

Played the worst gig in my life.

It's easy to point fingers (at myself included) but really, is there a need? I mean, the tech support obviously was substandard, and we (okay, some of us) did not practice enough, but really, I think everybody has an idea what went wrong and it's not about the amount of practice.

The band needs a direction, a commitment. Till now I doubt most of the band members have any idea how long this 'dream' will last, how committed is 'committed' and whether we're going to market ourselves or just stop playing once someone calls it quits.

It's this uncertainty that stops myself at least from putting in all my effort. I have work to juggle and last minute gigs don't do anyone good. Exposure, sure, but do we have a plan on how to get exposure or do we simply play play play?

I think the band needs direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home