Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Disease

Which is a bigger pestilence: Sloth or the flu?

Here's the whole story.

My darling roomie has had a test today. As a result of not attending lessons for an entire semester, he has a whole truckload of self-imposed shit to cover. I would have said served him right if it wasn't for the fact that, as a result, his immune system was greatly weakened from having only 9 hours of sleep a day as compared to the usual 16.

So here we go, "AWWwwww.." Okay, now that I've expressed my pity for this load of lard, I can't possibly be called mean, can I?

So here I am, away from my room for more than a week due to all the submissions, stepping into the room, to sneeze my nose off because the room is putid from all the takeouts that The Lard eats in the air-conditioned room.
__________________________________________________

*Tralalalala!!*

Hey kids, and now it's time again with me, Prof Eureka!, as I explain how an air-conditioner works!

Now first, an air conditioner is basically a refrigerator without the insulated box. It uses the evaporation of a refrigerant, like Freon, to provide cooling. The mechanics of the Freon evaporation cycle are the same in a refrigerator as in an air conditioner. According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary Online, the term Freon is generically "used for any of various nonflammable fluorocarbons used as refrigerants and as propellants for aerosols."

This is how the evaporation cycle in an air conditioner works :
The compressor compresses cool Freon gas, causing it to become hot, high-pressure Freon gas. This hot gas runs through a set of coils so it can dissipate its heat, and it condenses into a liquid. The Freon liquid runs through an expansion valve, and in the process it evaporates to become cold, low-pressure Freon gas . This cold gas runs through a set of coils that allow the gas to absorb heat and cool down the air inside the building. Mixed in with the Freon is a small amount of a lightweight oil. This oil lubricates the compressor.




In simple terms kids, the air con takes the air in the room and recirculates it back into the room. So if you fart, you will continue breathing your fart 10 years down the road if you do not air the room.
_______________________________________________________

Thanks Prof Eureka!. Now, like I was saying, The Lard fell ill from the shit he breathes in the room. He doesn't air the room. Flu germs get back into the air. He breathes the air. He falls even more ill. He expels even more germs into the air. He breathes even more shite into his lungs. He bleeds from all his orifices. He has pus coming out of his weiner. His eyeballs implode. He grows breasts. He then proceeds to expire. Woohoo!

Okay, you get my point. Anyway, I had to air the room for the entire afternoon and I'm still airing it. And my nose is still running from the septic air. All because either The Lard doesn't know that he/she/it should air the room regularly, or he/she/it/shim is too lazy to do it.

So, coming back, which is a greater pestilence?

Sloth? Or the flu? Please poll in the comments below!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pei said...

sloth

3:27 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home